Pornography is a form of sexual discrimination, violating the civil rights of women while encouraging sexual aggression, battering, sexual abuse, harassment and prostitution.
It is a crime against women and is not entertainment. It is fuelled by demand and treats women and girls as commodities; it uses tactics of power and control.
• Pornography is about money and using sex to make a financial profit.
• Pornography thrives on displaying and normalizing sexual behavior that is harmful and abusive to women.
• Many women and children are forced to work in pornography.
• Repeated use of pornography affects men’s behavior.
• Men involved in pornography are more likely to become involved in human trafficking.
• Pornography acts as the training ground for prostitution.
Advisory: The video clips below include mature content.
Video clip from HopefortheSold.com: Connections Between Porn, Prostitution & Trafficking